HITTING LONGER DRIVES
In February this year the USGA and R&A released its report on distance in the modern game. I don’t know if you saw that or not, but the governing bodies are slowly coming around to the fact that there is a distance problem with golf AT THE ELITE LEVEL.
If you’re an amateur golfer reading this you will most likely NOT have a distance problem. In fact, you’d do almost anything to hit it further.
And why not? Hitting it further has been proven to lower scores, plus it makes golf more fun. It’s because of this, over the next few weeks I’m going to give you some tips on exactly how you can hit it further. Of course, the main one is to swing faster because swinging faster is the biggest ‘bang for your buck’ way of hitting longer drives. So let’s start, right here, right now, by helping you swing faster with this tip….
Do This Proven Trick For Longer Drives.
A bigger shoulder turn will help you to hit longer drives. So today I’m going to tell you a simple way you can do this.
Before I give you the technique to do this, I just want to say that I’m not going to explain why this works because time is precious. Just try it and you’ll see it does.
– To get a bigger shoulder turn you need to first setup with your 5 iron.
– Then make your backswing and try to turn your left shoulder as far as you can and stop when you’ve gone as far as you can.
– When you get to that point notice how far you can turn your left shoulder in relation to your chin.
– That’s the first swing. Now make a backswing again but this time I want you to feel like your RIGHT SHOULDER is going back behind you. So it’s moving back behind your head. Then at the end of your backswing notice where your left shoulder is in relation to your chin.
– When you do this you’ll notice that by focusing on moving your right shoulder back behind you – your shoulder turn will be bigger. Again, I’m not going to explain why.
If you do this you’ll see it’s true. Just accept it and make this feeling a habit and you will hit longer shots.
by Jeff Richmond
Performance Golf Zone